321 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Co-founder of the DoJo Toolkit
development toolkits and frameworks like Dojo, cometD, DWR, and Persevere. Prior to SitePen, Dylan developed web applications for companies like Renkoo, Informatica, Security FrameWorks and Vizional Technologies. He is a co-founder of Comet Daily, LLC, a board member at Dojo Foundation and a member of the Advisory Board at Aptana. Dylan
earned his Masters in Physical Chemistry from UCLA and his B.A. in Mathematics from Whittier College.
The Dojo Toolkit, one of the original Ajax toolkits, has reinvented itself again through a series of improvements in modularity, performance, API improvements, adjustments for HTML5 and mobile platforms, just to name a few.
We'll cover all the major changes in Dojo 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, and the plans for 2.0. The newest enhancements will provide a stellar platform for building exceptional web apps. Starting at less than 4KB gzipped!
In this talk, we will cover:
- the history of AMD and JS modules
- how modules work in the browser
- how to create your own modules and packages
- how to find third-party modules
- how to use Dojo's new build tools for extreme optimization
- how to use plug-ins for features like internationalization
- implications for your project
- real world users like the BBC and Twitter
- examples combining projects like Dojo, jQuery, MooTools and more
- what's next